Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

readmemh usage for file size more than 32KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritesh.joshi

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a code file whose size is more than 32KB. I am using the readmemh command but the data getting read into the array is only for addresses less than 32KB.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Ritesh

Hi,

please be more specific.

Klaus

Are you reading till the end of file is reached?

I have a code file whose size is more than 32KB. I am using the readmemh command but the data getting read into the array is only for addresses less than 32KB.
I am not aware of any such restriction. But even if it is there, the work around could be having two input file opened in read-mode and then filling up the array.

My code file is more than 32KB and I am trying to load it into an array using the readmemh command, but the data above 32KB is not visible in the array.

Example :

hex file is something like :

@00000000 1FFFFFF0
@00000008 000804B1
@00020108 F001B662

Readmemh command call :
$readmemh("hex_filename",array);

Now what I observe is that the data less than 32KB i.e. (@00000000, @00000008) are loaded into the array but the data with address @00020108 is not loaded into the array.

Please let me know if some more information is required.

Regards
Ritesh

without your source code, and hex file, we can only speculate what the problem may be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back