Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Process variations that results from transistor size

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunturikishore

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

Please help me in this problem. Can any body say how much variation I can expect that the process techniques vary in designed width and length of transisotrs. I had verysamll transistors of width 1.3u NMOS and 3.4u PMOS devices on .18u technology used to make the inverters which have to drive transistors of 120 u at the GATE . How much variations I can expect in the size of the above transistors

Thanks in advance.

Re: Process variations

Dear Kishore,

The worst case varaiations in any process for most of the parameters is ± 10 %. Usually foundries deem only those processes as stable and would work with them.

Look for the data provided by the foundry on mismatch parameters.
It would memtion what variations to expect when 2 transistors are placed close to each other. Distance of saperation is also specified by the foundry.

Process variations

as far as i know for a design is expected to work properly if during simulations it gives proper functionality for ± 20 % variations in process parameters. but as vamsi said the foundaries consider only those processes as stable which give a variation of ± 10 %

I think the model provided by foundry has enough information. You can simulate all the case (TT, FF, SS) combined with VDD variation. If all pass, I think it's enough.

Yibin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back