Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Design considerations for having pulse train frequency with the same speed as clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_mad

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

In a design with single clocking scheme and the output is a pulse train. The challenge is the pulse train frequency is same speed with the main clock (the only clock).

Based on ur experience, can I registered (flop) my output signal? As far as I know, I can’t do that since it has the same speed with the main clock. Can I use frequency multiplier to double my main clock so that I can clocked my output flop?

If yes, what are the design considerations which I need to take care?

Please give me your opinion.

Thanx in advance,
no_mad

Re: Design opinion

You have signal at the same frequency as the clk. So now you want to latch the this signal. Consider the case that your signal is reaches the FF(flipflop) input before its Setup time and remain the same till its holdtime then you can practically latch this.. You can do this by introducing some phase difference betwen the signal clk and main clk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back