Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to draw PAE contours

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaah

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to design CMOS PA at mm-wave frequency by Cadence. I already set up the simulation to draw Pout contours by Load pull method. Now, my question is that if Cadence has this ability to draw PAE (Power Added Efficiency) contours or not? I already know the other software programs like ADS have such a capability of drawing PAE contour.

Moreover, as you know, the input impedance and therefore the input power does not remain constant as a result of load variation. Could you please help me figure out how to set up my simulation for the transistor to be driven by the maximum input power as long as the load impedance varies? Obviously, if this situation is not resolved, the output power contours are not valid.

Thanks.

Yes it has.If you PSS or HB analysis in Cadence ADE by enabling "Load Pull" option that exists in recent MMSIM versions ( I don't know which version you've been using ) you can obtain almost all response relied to Load Pull option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back