Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me select SPLD/CPLD device

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to CPLD/FPGA. I am building a board where in there is one external clock (master clock) through a SMA connector. Now I would like to generate 2 clocks of same frequency with a slight delay of around 5 ns between them and a third sync pulse which has a variable period. say for ex, master clock is 20MHz, i need sync pulse period as 2ms(dependent on the input clock that i provide by some factor) and its ON period is say 196 cycles of masterclock.

I have some experience programming with VHDL. I was suggested to use a SPLD/CPLD device and code it. I am not sure which device to choose ? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

selecting SPLD, CPLD

5ns means 200MHz clock not 20MHz short time!

selecting SPLD, CPLD

Hi,
I don't you can accurately create a 5ns signal using a CPLD. You need a clock distribution device like the ones from Cypress or other companies to create your delay.

For the 3rd sync, you can use a CPLD (any $1 device would go).

BR,
/Farhad

selecting SPLD, CPLD

Salam,

See this document.

**broken link removed**

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor