Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Info about YI 827

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makhrus

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is YI 827 as marked up on top of its body as it can be seen on the attached fotograph? I found it in the Y buffer of 42 Inch Samsung Plasma TV. I heard an explosion from my TV and when I opened the TV, i just found that the suspect of the explosion was coming from this components.

Attachments

• Y buffer defect 1.jpg
    Y buffer defect 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • Y buffer defect 2.jpg
    Y buffer defect 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 86

The components in question appear to be SMD aluminum electrolytic capacitors 68uF 35V.

The YI827 or Y1827 is probably a lot number or date code.

The 68 is most likely the capacitance in microfarads (uF), 68uF is a common value.

The 35 is most likely the voltage rating, 35 volts is a common voltage rating.

The K is probably a device series or temperature rating, you would need to know the manufacture or possess the datasheet for those details.

The black stripe indicates the side of the negative terminal, these are polarized devices and must be installed the correct direction.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back