Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CDMA (cellular?) vs CDMA Trunking. LTE vs LTE Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisal78

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I would like to seek some help from the various experts here.
As you all maybe aware, CDMA and LTE are cellular technologies.
I have come across a variant of these which is a "trunking" version of it, using cellular networks on CDMA or LTE.
Primarily being done by ZTE and Huawei.

Anybody can advice what are the difference?
I am familiar with FM trunking technologies, e.g. Astro P25, TETRA, DMR etc. in managing group PTT calls.
But my understanding is that cellular technologies like CDMA and LTE aren't meant for one to many broadcast typically used in the trunking system.

Thoughts?

Hi, yes, CDMA and LTE are cellular technologies. For example, for CDMA network, A using CDMA phone could talk to B also using CDMA phone or other network phone.

Trunking technology works as following: in a system inculding base station, client A, B, C, D..., When A send his voice, then everyone in the network (B,C,D,E...),exclude A,
could receive A's voice.

This Trunking technology based 3G/4G has been used.

Status
Not open for further replies.