Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Waveguide Simulation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

cattylux

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I am trying to simulate a wave-guide in HFSS with coaxial feeds as my ports. I have constructed a model and have simulated it but am not getting any result for S21 and I am pretty sure that the S11 is wrong as well. I was hoping to simulate a wave-guide filled with soil for my research but am stumbling with the model. Can anyone provide insight or recommendations.
Thanks,
Cathy :bang:

Attachments

• Waveguide Image.png
    Waveguide Image.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Project2.zip
    28.3 KB · Views: 54

Make sure your calculations are all correct. Cutoff of waveguide, size of waveguide and coax, impedance match between coax and waveguide, and correct port renormalization for your system's impedance you are using.

From the picture do you have an outer conductor for your coax? Almost looks like you just have inner conductor and dielectric. And then the face of the dielectric would be your waveports. I'm guessing if your S11 is incorrect it is showing around 0 to 5 dB return loss and probably not a good match to the waveguide.

Welcome cattylux,

It appears for me (using HFSS 15) that you did not subtract the inner vacuum (Box2) from the solid aluminium waveguide object, such that the simulation just sees solid aluminium. I believe this is why you don't have a S21 value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back