Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Require help with electron flow in a circuit, and when the wavelength is much longer than the size of the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: electron flow in circuit, when wavelength is very longer than size of circuit ?

One obvious nonsense at first sight is that distance is is sum of electron charge traveled. Traveling electron charges are electric current. Current strength or amplitude is proportional to sum of charges traveling no matter how long is conductor.
In time of the first period of sinus current it is dead time for the 1km distant point on straight wire. Nothing happens in that time. Yes this point would be a wave length apart from the start but along the wire. Start and end points can be only 1mm apart physically. After that time current in this point starts to flow from t=0 like at beginning of wire. Such behaviour there could be many in a circuit we call transition time as a difference to steady state behaviour. First happens after switch on and last until stable behaviour is reached.

This sentence that (Start and end points can be only 1mm apart physically) us true and I agree.
Please say What is your definition of wavelength in this case?
the electron charge change direction to produced sine wave and I dont say wavelength means 1 kilometer apart physically in lenght but i say to you in this case you define wavelengths as Physical distance traveled not apart physically. Is it true?

Re: electron flow in circuit, when wavelength is very longer than size of circuit ?

Reminds me of my 1st job 40 years ago. Design a 15-23kZ VLF 5 channel Doppler Rx for navigation on ocean. Antenna was only 2m but wavelength very long. Yet with 2stage Q=250 xtal filters it could pick out signal in the Arctic from Norway or Hawaii or USA Navy transmitters.

When antenna is short relative to wavelength, signal is scaled down. When matched to 1/2 wave, it is optimal. When multiple of 1/4 wave , the Z is inverted. Make sense?

linuscomex try to rephrase your question regarding concepts and ideas being offered to you. I expect it will be as easy as reading Rin Tin Tin comics to you.
I expect your new question or confirmation that you finally understand the problem.

linuscomex try to rephrase your question regarding concepts and ideas being offered to you. I expect it will be as easy as reading Rin Tin Tin comics to you.
I expect your new question or confirmation that you finally understand the problem.
I thank you for all your help.
Do you think my view on the issue was right?
In my previous post I described the view.

It certainly doesn't hurt to ponder such questions. We ought to re-examine what we know, every once in a while. Such pondering can lead to fresh insights.

I was going to make a big mystery over the fact that I can tune my AM radio to the same frequency as a homemade transmitter circuit in my kitchen, and it's only a fraction of a wavelength between them.

Say the frequency is 580 kHz (wavelength 1700 feet). The photons do not have an entire wavelength available to them to do whatever photons do that occupies a wavelength.

So what is it they do at 580 kHz, that is different from what they would do at 590 kHz? They have only a few feet of travel to do anything.

For that matter, what do 580 kHz photons do, even when they travel many wavelengths, that is different from 590 kHz photons? (Besides the fact that they use a few more feet to do it?) Do they spin? Do they wobble in their path? Etc.?

My question is only semi-related to the one under discussion here, but by thinking at a tangent it might lead us to information, or insights, or experiments, that do answer the original question.

It makes no sense to me to play hopeless trials game with you. You read the definition for electromagnetic waves theory and tried to implement it in a 10cm circuit for camouflage. That was obvious so as your statement of being engineer is not true. OK. You should play that game of hopeless trials and we will watch the show.

It makes no sense to me to play hopeless trials game with you. You read the definition for electromagnetic waves theory and tried to implement it in a 10cm circuit for camouflage. That was obvious so as your statement of being engineer is not true. OK. You should play that game of hopeless trials and we will watch the show.

I cant believe I have returned after a week away and to find linuscomex still constantly repeating over and over the same old incorrect statements that were put forward on page 1, even tho he/she has been told repeatedly what is really occurring :bang:

linuscomex, repeating the same incorrect thing over and over isn't going to change the fact that what you are saying is wrong and it isn't going to help you in your future activities

Reread all the good information you have been given, sit and think about it and let it sink in to your understanding :grin:

Dave

I cant believe I have returned after a week away and to find linuscomex still constantly repeating over and over the same old incorrect statements that were put forward on page 1, even tho he/she has been told repeatedly what is really occurring :bang:

linuscomex, repeating the same incorrect thing over and over isn't going to change the fact that what you are saying is wrong and it isn't going to help you in your future activities

Reread all the good information you have been given, sit and think about it and let it sink in to your understanding :grin:

Dave

Do you think that given all the information is correct and only my information is wrong?
Do you think i want play game? and repeat repeat my wrong?
if your response convinsing I did not ask again. so pleuase you say.if electromagnetic wave have 300khz frequency and 1 kilometer wavelength how electron propagate in 1mm conductor?what is mean wavelength in this case?

ِ

Electromagnetic waves are not electrons propagation through space. Propagation of electrons through space is known as beta radiation. Next try.

Do you think that given all the information is correct and only my information is wrong?

yes, because all the info given to you by several different people is consistent

Do you think i want play game? and repeat repeat my wrong?

I really have no idea what you game is ? ... you seem to be totally unwilling to listen to what you have been told and to learn from that

so you tell us all ... why do you persist in frustrating everyone who is trying to help you ???

if your response convinsing I did not ask again. so pleuase you say.if electromagnetic wave have 300khz frequency and 1 kilometer wavelength how electron propagate in 1mm conductor?what is mean wavelength in this case?

you have already been told the answer several times
go reread those answers

Dave

ِ

linuscomex you are behaving like a... professor asking question and expecting student will repeat exactly word by word what you told in class before. You think of parrots expecting explanation. Situation is reversed you have to ask question correctly so we can give you answer you want to hear.

I think is time for a forum moderator to close this "keep-going" nonsense thread.

agree totally

Me too. I think user linuscomex will have no more questions.

So be it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back