Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

edaboard points allotment

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbyckts

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know how the points are getting allotted for each and every action in edaboard like points for posts, threads, helped, solved, daily activity, etc....

can someone explain this

I want to know how the points are getting allotted for each and every action in edaboard like points for posts, threads, helped, solved, daily activity, etc....

can someone explain this

Not exactly sure of the numbers but:
Points for post - 3/4
Points for helped - 3 (may depend on the reputation power)
daily activity - 1 ?
Points for adding a friend - 3

But the main aim of this thread is not to amass points

rhdirs said:
Personally the only thing I care about point wise is the ratio of Helped/Posts. If I get helped points then my ratio increases and I know I'm a useful member of edaboard and am contributing to the quality of answers.

If my ratio keeps dropping (even though I think I'm helping answer questions) then it makes me think of leaving the board (again) as I don't feel appreciated for the help I'm donating to a bunch of leaches ;-).

And don't get me started on those that purposely abuse the helped rating system, they really piss me off with their great undeserved ratios.

Hi,

@ads-ee:
Valid point,but my reply only meant it doesn't matter much how many points i have.I read a post 1-2 years ago(not sure in this forum/not) by mods probably about exchanging points for goodies,but didn't see anything else after that.

Hi,

@ads-ee:
Valid point,but my reply only meant it doesn't matter much how many points i have.I read a post 1-2 years ago(not sure in this forum/not) by mods probably about exchanging points for goodies,but didn't see anything else after that.

I honestly don't care about the number of points I have, I previously got upset with the forum and left it for over a year (promptly forgot my password). On my return I created this new login (old one was ads_ee, which I still can't get into, nor do I care) so I had to start over from scratch, shows how much I care about points! I'd leave and do the same thing again if I were to get fed up enough.

My assessment of ratios comes out to something like this:
0 - 0.05 ==> leach
0.05 - 0.1 ==> struggling student
0.1 - 0.2 ==> smart student
0.2 - 0.6 ==> engineer/technology professional
0.6 - 1.0 ==> abusing the help system

Only the ones in the 2nd to last group tend to answer questions with helpful answers, with varying levels of quality. I've also noticed they tend to not ask very many questions. This is opposed to the first group that asks hundreds of questions (most of which can be answered using google), never seem to listen to the answers, and never press the helped me button. :bang:

I agree with ads-ee !

It is nice to get some recogntion for help you offer, it's only a gesture but it is appreciated. We are all volunteers, giving our time freely so even a 'helped me' is welcome and incentive to carry on. There is a list of how points are awarded at https://www.edaboard.com/xperience.php?go=earn You have to be logged in to see your own scores.

Please note that moderators watch for unusual activity such as people awarding themselves points through multiple accounts, we can see more information about who is logged in and where they are from than regular users. We have a zero tolerance policy and ban anyone caught abusing the system.

Brian.

Not exactly sure of the numbers but:
Points for post - 3/4
Points for helped - 3 (may depend on the reputation power)
daily activity - 1 ?
Points for adding a friend - 3

What is the reputation power? How it is determined?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the voting of helpful answer should be compulsory instead of telling thanks to the posts in another posts.

What is the insight experience?

I think the voting of helpful answer should be compulsory instead of telling thanks to the posts in another posts.
Good idea in principle but how would you enforce it and how would you deal with people who write 'thanks' but add other comments or questions in the reply?

I'll have to leave the insight and reputation questions to an administrator. Even 'Super Moderators' do not have that information !

Brian.

I think the super moderators should not allow the comment of thanks in the post. They need to provide the warning if they mention thanks. Instead of that they need to click helped me.

Moreover should make marking solved as compulsory.

I think the super moderators should not allow the comment of thanks in the post. They need to provide the warning if they mention thanks. Instead of that they need to click helped me.

Moreover should make marking solved as compulsory.

The moderators don't allow useless thank you posts with no other useful information, but giving infractions for being "polite" is likely going to far. Most moderators also include a message explaining the Helped Me Button, to those users that post gratuitous thank you posts.

Whether or not they actually read the message and take action on it can't be enforced, nor would there be any way to enforce marking threads as solved.

Unfortunately when people tend to feel they are anonymous they don't necessarily follow any kind of civil and polite behavior. :-?

What do points make?
PRIZES!

Like being at bingo, now where are they? lol

Before banning thank you posts - IMO there needs to be a thank you button - that way people can show their gratitude without cluttering up a thread.
It's a simple add on that many forums have.

On what factors does the level depends upon ? bcoz some one who is same with me except for no of posts and years registered before he is behind me ! what does that signify if i were a member level 3 ?? and i advance to further in the future ??

I'm not sure if you can access this because I have higher privilege levels than normal members but try:

Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page.
Click on the "Experience" tab
At the bottom of the "Experience" window, click on "Show activities from all users".
In the "Activities" window, click on the "Earn points" tab.

If it lets you see it, there is a breakdown of how many points are allocated for each user action.

Brian.

On what factors does the level depends upon ? bcoz some one who is same with me except for no of posts and years registered before he is behind me ! what does that signify if i were a member level 3 ?? and i advance to further in the future ??

The level reflects the number of posts:

**broken link removed**

Some features like blogs, groups etc are locked until you reach a minimum number of posts (I don't remember the specific numbers for each feature).

I'm not sure if you can access this because I have higher privilege levels than normal members but try:

Click on "My Profile" at the top of the page.
Click on the "Experience" tab
At the bottom of the "Experience" window, click on "Show activities from all users".
In the "Activities" window, click on the "Earn points" tab.

If it lets you see it, there is a breakdown of how many points are allocated for each user action.

Brian.

That page is accessible to all members, the shortcut is the link you have provided in post #6

Becoming a moderator has to do with the overall presence in the forum, the way you behave and help in the operation of the forum rather than a bare number of points or posts.
You don't become a moderator by reaching a level of points but when you get selected to become a moderator by the administration of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back