Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plane Wave, Far Field, HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irfan1

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss diffraction

I have a simple question :)
I have a dielectric sphere. A plane wave is incident on the sphere. And I want to calculate the far fields. This is what I have done: I created a sphere and a box surrounding the sphere. I assigned plane wave excitation to one of the faces of the box. And I assigned radiation boundary to the other faces of the box. Should I have assigned radiation boundary to all faces? Whats the difference between radiation boundary and PML? Is there anything wrong with my setup?

Btw, I am starting to like HFSS. Plotting capabilities are great.

Hi,

what kinda field pattern would be expected in this type of model?

with the diameter of the sphere not exceeding 1/4 lambda, hot spots at the both tips?

I'm simulating it with a cylindrical radiation boundary instead of a box. and i had all the surface assigned too...

Dunno if it is accurate

huiyuzz said:
Hi,

what kinda field pattern would be expected in this type of model?

with the diameter of the sphere not exceeding 1/4 lambda, hot spots at the both tips?

I'm simulating it with a cylindrical radiation boundary instead of a box. and i had all the surface assigned too...

Dunno if it is accurate

Dear Huiyuzz,
I am attaching the HFSS project. It is a simple one. There is circular metal with a small hole at the center. A plane wave hits the metal. I want to find the far field radiation patterns. The hole dimensions are subwavelength. I want to check the validity of Bethe's theorem on diffraction from subwavelength apertures

any reference on "Bethe's theorem on diffraction from subwavelength apertures"? never heard of this term before.

there is a very old paper from Hans Bethe entiled "Theory of Diffraction by Small Holes". I have attached this paper to my post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back