Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

netlists and wait statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I'm working with fpgas and I have some basic questions:

what is a netlist? from what I've read online it's a textual representation of a schematic :thinker:

what is a back annotated netlist?

why is wait not synthesizable?

thank you!

Yes, a netlist is just a list of nodes and what is connected to each of them. It is only a connection list, it holds no representation of the schematic or logic diagram layout.

Back annotation is the process of automatically going through a netlist and updating it when a change has been made to the schematic. For example, if you renumbered gates/components or added/removed something, the back annotation would update the netist to reflect the new parts and their connections.

I would guess that 'wait' is a function rather than a physical attribute so it would not have connections and therefore has no place in a netlist.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back