Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS : how to subtract polyline structure from a box in HFSS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarmad0107

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I am trying to subtract a polyline (diamnon shaped) structure from a box but I am getting this error message "Solid blank is unaffected by sheet tool in subtract operation" and unable to subtract. Can anyone please suggest me that what should I do in this case ?

Thanks !

Sounds like you are trying to subtract a 2D object (your polyline object) from a 3D object, but I might be wrong. Are you sure you have a 3D object (your diamond)?

Hi
thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes my polyline structure is 2D and box is 3D. I know that 2D and 3D structures can not be subtracted. So can you please suggest anything else so that I could do same task.

Many Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Here I have attached my hfss file.
Please check it and make necessary operation in order to cut diamond shape from box (patch).
Thanks!

Attachments

• diamondCut.rar
    174.9 KB · Views: 82

Again, subtraction works with the same dimensions in the same space (2D obj. should be arranged on the same plane)
Therefore you should either find a cross-section of your 3D box with the poly-shape's plane, or extrude your poly-shape to some kind of 3D object. The capabilities of HFSS in the latter are limited. If you want non-linear extrusion, you should use some external 3D CG software, like 3DMAX etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.