Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Detect two voltage ranges without MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuppe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I'd need to make an analog circuit, that can differentiate two voltages, about 0.66v and 1.9v, and then toggle a different pin to GND for each event.

So for example:
1. I have normally 5V voltage to the input pin
2. User presses button, which drops the input voltage to 1.9V(button circuit has voltage divider)
3. Then I need to attach pin A to ground

Same goes if I detect voltage around 0.66V, but then I need to attach pin B to ground.

How complicated circuit would it be, if I need to detect e.g. 0.5V-0.7V to toggle a switch and 1.8V-2.0V for another switch?
I was able to make an comparator circuit, that detects +0.6V, but then all the buttons above that will also satisfy the condition. I'd also need to set upper limit.
Would it require 2 stage comparator circuit?

I surely know how to do this with MCU ADC, easy business, but like they say about digital circuits: anyone can count to one.

You need two 'window comparator' circuits. Each circuit uses two comparators. Or you can buy something like a Linear Tech LTC1042, which is a pre-packaged window comparator.

You need two 'window comparator' circuits. Each circuit uses two comparators. Or you can buy something like a Linear Tech LTC1042, which is a pre-packaged window comparator.
Oh, that works out very well for the purpose. Thanks for that info, now that I know the actual term, I can now find all the info online.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back