Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is your best VHDL program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I used Xilinx tool and modelsim but it is too big for me and I don't like this VHDL coding program.

besides, Xilinx tool make my computer slow. after I install Xilinx tool, my computer sometimes freeze up. this really annoy me.

what is your favorite VHDL coding program? I want VHDL program more light and faster than xilinx tool. please tell me VHDL program what do you prefer to use it.

ARE you a KID .?? This are very childish questions and remarks!
I appears that you somehow want to do VHDL ..but don't know why ?
and whatfor!

excuse me !@!

upgrade ur computer.. XILINX wudnt freeze ur machine :d lolz..

modelsim is a good simulator for v-hdl and verilog.. system c to a certain extent.. give it a shot.. :) dunt complain that insallin that slows down ur system :d

with regards,

Your Computer might have become slow due to Adware or Spyware ..check for them. Usually Xilinix tools are user and computer friendly. They are tested a lot on different configuration before releasing their software

ModelSim is really a cool tool. You can also use Active-HDL from ALDEC. Also you can use Altera's Quartus (available for free).

Running slowly should not be a program using any of the tools suggested as long as you are not running something massively huge (which I am sure you are not doing !!). Also, in the CAD tools, normally the compilation does not take that much long time as other activities ( like synthesis) might take.

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back