Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best layout editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhenfalculan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
expert layout editor

I am using Silvaco Expert as my layout editor. Anybody who are using this tool? Is it same with virtuoso?

what is layouteditor?

virtuoso is better than silvaco expert but it is bulky a tool.

alphasx layout

There are many good layout point tools( such as Leditor, virtuoso, ICstation, laker, etc). But in the view of IC design flow (include physical verification and anaylsis), virutoso is the best one definitely.

Hi,

Vitruoso/Virtuoso XL is my tool for layout. It is a part of Cadence design environment .

Regards.
eblue

I am using Virtuoso XL for few years and quite happy with it. The new version of cadence ic tools (5.1.4.1 I think) has some improvements for analog layout design, but I have'nt tried it yet. Can someone can share his/hers experience?

I use cadence's layout editor.

You can search the topic in this board. there have very detial discuss on it

Tool is not the most importent thing, I think
I have uesd Virtouso and L_Edit, and Virtouso is better and more powerful.
And I have not uesd the laker, but my friend tell me it also be a very nice tool.

hi,
i think laker is the best one.
now cadence is going to release leo virtuoso which will be powerful than laker.

I think the best editor is cadence's layout editor.
profesional tool

virtuoso or ICstation,especially Mentor is good for mixed signal design

regards

I think laker is better.

Hi,

I have worked on Microwind, L-Edit for layout design. Currently, am using Cadence Virtuoso Layout Editor. Comparatively, Virtuoso is the best and user's friendly.

laker and virtuoso are both very well for analog design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back