Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hall effect current sensor for measuring ac current

Status
Not open for further replies.

raman00084

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using wcs1600 hall effect current sensor for measuring ac motor current but the out put of hall effect sensor is ac how to connect to microcontroller adc pin, if i convert to dc using diode the output is not leaner pls give any ideas

Can you post a link to an English datasheet and application notes for the wcs1600?
All I seem to be able to find are in Chinese(?)

Mik

There is a circuit which turns an op amp into a precision rectifier, by adding a diode and a resistor or two.

As an alternate method you can add DC to your signal with a potentiometer:

5392086800_1386857088.png

Use diode and add 0.7V to adc value. You can also do as BradTheRad has mentioned. You add some 2.5V to it so that the value gets shifted to the +ve side.

@BradTheRad

How to make new circuits with falstad simulator? I only see option to simulate existing circuits.

Attachments

• adc sim.rar
    311.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

How to make new circuits with falstad simulator? I only see option to simulate existing circuits.

Start a new circuit by selecting "Blank Circuit", the last item in the Circuits menu.

You can also highlight the entire circuit, and select Cut from the Edit menu.

Save your schematic by selecting 'Export' in the File menu. Copy the text you see in the window. Paste it into a text processor, and save it to disk.

Import a schematic by selecting 'Import' in the File menu. Paste the text which you copied from a word processor.

You can use RMS to DC converter ICs from Analog Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.