Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need circuit design of a PWM controlled DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedarab

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pwm controlled DC motor

A UC 3524AN PWM is needed to control the sweeping motion of the fan. the objective is to slow down the sweeping motion of the fan when an object is detected by an IR sensor and the speed will resume as per normal when the sensor doesn't detect anything. can anyone provide me with the circuitry design..tanx for your information.

Re: pwm controlled DC motor

Something like you want should be descibed in that application note. Maybe you can use that signal from sensor to break power supply to fan for a while. Also try to find another app note for other chip.

Without going into details, you will need a small microcontroller that will take signal from IR sensor and a digital potentiometer (od D/A converter) that will, together with output voltage (an op-amp in SUM configuration) generate a signal for the error amplifier of the 3524. By doing this your circuit will slow down the fan when the IR detedct something and return to normal condition after this alarm signal is off..

pwm controlled DC motor

by the way, can you tell me the role of frequency in PWM. I mean, Is there any difference between 1KHz with PWM and 2KHz with PWM??

This article is titled: "Choosing the right PWM frequency" and I hope will answer your question.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.