Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FATAL ERROR: Simulator: Fuse.cpp:209:1.133

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayush15

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I keep getting this error in every VHDL code I make in Xilinx ISE Design Suite 14.2,even in the smallest code of AND operation of two signals.I have tried everything- searched through the internet and xilinx forums,re-installed xilinx a number of times(by trying different softwares) and much more but could not get a working solution to it. Please if anyone knows anything about this error, do suggest.

I have spent a lot of time searching for the solution, asked friends and proffesor but could not find it. So, please it is a humble request that if anyone knows even a slight thing about it,please help.

This is the error:

FATAL_ERROR:Simulator:Fuse.cpp:209:1.133 - Failed to compile one of the generated C files. Please recompile with -mt off -v 1 switch to identify which design unit failed. Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at https://www.xilinx.com/support.

did you try recompiling with the switches? You should post the results of that.

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, I tried that also.
1. By compiling it with -v 1 switch, I get the error as:
ERROR:Simulator:702 - Can not find design unit fuse in library work located at isim/work
2. By compiling it with -mt off, I get the following error:
FATAL_ERROR:Simulator:Fuse.cpp:500:1.133 - Failed to compile generated C file isim/precompiled.exe.sim/ieee/p_2592010699.c Process will terminate. For technical support on this issue, please open a WebCase with this project attached at https://www.xilinx.com/support.
3. By combining both, I get the same error as in 1.
4. By any other thing, I get the same error.

you say that a simple project with only an AND gate exhibits this problem? Have you tried a fresh install of ISE on a different machine?

I just noticed that the name of the file is Fuse.cpp. What exactly are you doing? That isn't a VHDL file extension, that looks more like a C++ file extension. ISE doesn't synthesis or simulate .cpp files. So what are you trying to accomplish. It's certainly not clear from your two posts.

Regards

I am trying to make a vhdl code which reads a binary text file and store its contents in an array. But it gave me this error. So, I tried to make a very simple VHDL code for AND gate operation, but it gave me the same error. I tried re-installing but it didn't help.

Here is my code:

Code VHDL - [expand]
library IEEE;
use IEEE.STD_LOGIC_1164.ALL;
use STD.TEXTIO.ALL;
use IEEE.NUMERIC_STD.ALL;

entity binimage is
    Port ( clk : in  STD_LOGIC);
end binimage;

architecture Behavioral of binimage is
type abc is array(1 to 400) of bit;
signal endoffile:bit :='0';
signal data_out:abc:=(others=>'0');
signal a:integer;
signal go:bit:='0';
begin 
    process(clk)
    file file1 : text is in "C:\Users\ayush\Desktop\a.txt";
    variable n : integer:=1;
    variable i:bit;
    variable lines : line;
    begin
        if(rising_edge(clk))then
            if(not endfile(file1))then
                readline(file1,lines);
                read(lines,i);
                data_out(n) <= i;
                n:=n+1;
            else
                endoffile<='1';
                go<='1';
            end if;
        end if;
    end process;
end Behavioral;

For your reference, this is the xilinx support page link which gives the solution to this error, but none helped.
**broken link removed**

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back