Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

data lines on multiplexers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disha Karnataki

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
our teacher started teaching us about multiplexers today, but i am confused about the data lines. Our teacher specified that data lines are where analog or digital inputs should be given. Can someone please justify this, i have seen internal structure of a multiplexer, it is somewhat similar to decoder composed of "AND" gates and other stuff. I am just unable to imagine how can we give analog input at the data lines and using control lines i will select which ever analog signal i want & it will be selected.(i am stuck up here how can analog quantity pass through the multiplexer please explain )

Hi Disha,
Try to build a multiplexer using transmission gates.

Regards,
Vardan

There are many ways to implement a multiplexer. One with transmission gates can work for analog buses.
Transmission(pass) gate is a basic building block in IC design. Search the web for "multiplexer transmission gate".

Status
Not open for further replies.