Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculations For Selection of DSP for Motor Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinand rd

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I needed to design hardware for motor control. I use a BLDC motor. and the software to control it is field oriented control(FOC) with space vector modulation. I need to know what DSP I need to use. What are the considerations that need to be taken when selecting a microcontroller. should it be 8/16/32 bit? Sure when going for FOC, speed and current information needs to be sent to Microcontroller. that means ADC channels need to be present and options of synchronous sampling are better for good control. Are there are other considerations apart for the obvious requirements such as PWM channels, ADC channels etc.. ? Does software dictate the selection of microcontroller? if so, how ? Please help me regarding this queries. Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.