Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No Conductive traces

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot_snow

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

While I'm designing a footprint of a sd-card component I found in the datasheet some regions written on it "No Conductive traces". Is this mean that I haven't to route any trace in this region? I'm using Altium, so what's the suitable layer for darwing these regions: Mechanical layer, Keep-out layer...? When I will make the auto-routing is there a configuration in Altium to not route any trace in the "no conductive traces" region?

Thanks

You want to draw a keep-out polygon on the respective component (top) layer.

Just I want to know what's the suitable layer to draw the "No conductive trace" region? And if there is a configuration in Alitum to avoid routing in this region when I will use the auto-routing option

Hi Hot_snow,

Define it as solid region in the top layer and enable it as a keepout(double click on it, you will find option)
Defining it on keepout layer will produce keepouts on all layers.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back