Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Designspark modelsource help

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer1000

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone use design spark version 5? I'm trying to import components using model source .
Earlier versions had the model source link in the bottom left hand corner of the screen , that's noe gone.
So I onen up modelsource in anover widow select what I want save it and down load the zip flle to my c drive.
the online tutorials say there should be a readme.txt file which tell you waht to do , of course there isn't one just a single file.
Now I don't know what todo next to get it into my design library.
Can anyone help I'm pulling my hair out here
I can't find any online tutorials that deal with this issue or any version 5 tutorials at all

Hi,
I have been using DesignSpark since V3 and now on V5 like you.
If the ModelSource button disappears, then it's prrobably undocked or floating, but thats not a problem as you can open it with CTRL+M shortcut or from View on the Menubar where it is at the bottom of the list.
I'm sure you solved this and found the tutorials at **broken link removed** , but thought I would post as a fellow DSPCB user.
There are now over 20 tutorials with user knowledge items as well.

I have been sold on DesignSpark PCB since version 3 where it was the best free software I found for my board size requirements which forced be to abandon the free Eagle due to it's limitations.
I'm now starting a 4 layer board in DSPCB which is a new venture for me, but essential for my mixed signal requirements.

How are you doing with DSPCB? I'll have a look round for a group to join. I only started on this forum for 'electronics' help, but now excited at the expertise here.

Status
Not open for further replies.