Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How hard is it to build/design a smartphone or tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhiKap55

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, AbhiKap55 here.

First off, I should say that I have no idea if this post is in the correct place or sub forum but if it is not then please feel free to move it to the correct place.

Ok so my question is: The smartphone and tablets industry is growing rapidly and we are seeing maxed out smartphones with like 1080p HD screens, quad core processors, 2 GB's of RAM, etc. My question is: How hard is it really to get these components or design/build a phone with these specs? Do companies just choose the specs and that's it? And what do they have to engineer in order to get these phones to work?

Thanks,
AbhiKap55

they just try to fit as many possible features in a single product from a given list....that totally depends on the budget of the phone...afterwards design is that is divided into sub tasks of designing particular modules which are then given to engineers...

electronic and computer engineers work hand in hand to get the device working,latter one programs OS/firmware and former one designs the board...

they just try to fit as many possible features in a single product from a given list....that totally depends on the budget of the phone...afterwards design is that is divided into sub tasks of designing particular modules which are then given to engineers...

electronic and computer engineers work hand in hand to get the device working,latter one programs OS/firmware and former one designs the board...

Cool, and what problems/hurtles do they sometimes have to face?

maybe price constraints,time constraints,design etc etc

i exactly don't know what hurdles they might face

maybe price constraints,time constraints,design etc etc

i exactly don't know what hurdles they might face

Cool, and once they release a phone, do they just immediately start working on a new smartphone? Or what do they do in the middle?

Cool, and once they release a phone, do they just immediately start working on a new smartphone? Or what do they do in the middle?

i think that might depend on market competition i dunno xactly as i am not related to this field

Status
Not open for further replies.