Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuse rating part number interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienCircuits

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know that part markings are a bad way to find the specs for components, but google search is not showing anything for this fuse.

Its labeled
"LF.5A/250VP"

Is this definitely 0.5A fuse rating?

The reason I ask is because the device is running at about .5A continuously in operation, and so either it is operating with its fault or the .5A could mean 5A.

P on end means lead free I think.

I think its 5A rated, and LF is serie type.

You can visualy check thickness of wire. Compare thickness with some known 0,5A and with fuse for few amperes. Fuse wire thickness should be different.

To avoid this and similar situations, manufacturers often marks 500mA, 100mA, 350mA, 1,25A, 2A, ...

i think its 0.5A and LF is "Little Fuse" it's a brand name..., i have some few of LF fuses here. Example i have T5AL250VP under the LF, and its 5Amps 250VAC..

Its simple then, compare thickness of wires. In any case its better to start from 0,5A then 5A fuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back