Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Capacitive and inductive coupling

Status
Not open for further replies.

abti

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Does anyone here know the plus and minus of a capacitve and an inductive coupling between the p@tch and CPW ( e.g. in terms of radiation pattern, return loss etc. ) ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
abti

Can actually someone give more details in these coupling mechanisms?

Hi,

Can you describe your questions in more detail? Not sure you want to know the mechanism of the crosstalk or something else. If you want to know something about the cosstalk in between coupled TLs caused by parasitic inductance and capacitance, I can give you a brief description.

Anytime, there is a step up/down source change, it will couple the noise to the adjacent lines via parasitic capacitance Cm and inductance Lm, since the noise coupled through Cm is in fact the displacement current, it can flow to either direction of the victim line, tbus the so-called Near and Far end crosstalk caused by Cm have the same polarity (+), while the induced current caused by Lm has an opposite direction to the original current(current flowing on the active net), near end and far end cross talk will have opposite polarity ( + for near end and - for far end). As a result, the overall near end crosstak will be:

I_near=I(Lm) + I(Cm)
I_far= -I(Lm) + I(Cm)

active net _ --------------------------
_/

passive net ---------------------------
Near end Far end

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com