Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC buck boost converter for solar panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen.493ec

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i am to this forum.
i need help regarding DC-DC buck boost converter for 120W solar panel to 10Ah battery.

thanks in advance.

solar panel - 12v

battery - 12v,10Ah

Use boost converter for 18 V. Build Charger circuit 2 A current Charging . Now your battery fully charged in Maximum 5 hours.

If you want to increase the charge current above 2 A its may be need fly-back topology .

In your solar panel you can give maximum charging current more or less 7.5 A. If you want a boost converter 18 V above 2 A its some what difficult.

So you use simple boost converter 18 V @ 2 A.

I hope this will help you

Regards,
amayilsamy

Thank u amayilsamy,

but i dont know anything about buck boost designing .
can u guide me to design the same.

Thank u

anyway i also want buck converter in the same design.
plz guide me

boost (1).jpgI attached the boost converter schematic using MC34167 Switching regulator.

And refer a MC34167 datasheet before build a circuit.

I hope this will helps you.

All the best

Regards,
Mayilsamy.A

Last edited:

thank u Mayilsamy,

we need to design charge controller and inverter for solar, can u plz tell me which is the best simulator for hardware designing and also which controller(processor) i have to use for home appliances&commercial purpose.

Search in Texas Instruments , Maxim Integrated and etc. its having lot of charge controllers.

So you select any one from that website depending on your spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.