Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

feed for horn using waveguide port or discrete port

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjana makam

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know how to give input to the waveguide using waveguide port or discrete port and how to get s11 parameter in cst microwave at 1.4 GHz

I know in HFSS it would be a wave port. HFSS has the terms "lumped port" and "wave port" and I suspect the waveguide port is what you want in CST. A horn is going to be connected to a waveguide, so if CST has a waveguide port, I'd be very surprised if that was not the one to use.

As for getting S11, I don't know, but this sounds the sort of thing that would be in a tutorial. Have you done the examples in the CST manual?

There seems to be a large number of people asking questions about HFSS, which I know are covered in the first couple of examples of the manual. I don't know why people don't RTFM.

Dave

u can find an example for this in CST folder

Waveport solve a 2D eigenvalue problem first and find out all the possible mode that can be supported by the waveguide, so waveport is very accurate in calculating S-parameters b/c the excitation modes are completely going into the waveguide without any reflection. However, a lumped port can also form your excitation, but you will have a lot of evanescent mode going into the structure at the beginning. If you measure your field at a deep position in the waveguide, waveport and lumped port generate about the same waveform, however, to calculate S-parameter, waveport is more accurate. In reality, waveport matches the case where a waveguide is already connected to a mode-matched excitation, this, however, in most cases is not valid, because to excite a real waveguide you always use a pin from coaxial cable penetrate inside it. which excite all modes and let waveguide filter out the supported mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back