Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Viewer needed for a PCB file which is a "Protel PCB document"

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I need a viewer for a PCB file which is a "Protel PCB document"

All i can find on google is gerber viewers, even though i am searching on "protel pcb document viewer"

Unfortunately the present Altium Designer Viewer doesn't support Protel format. You'll need to ask someone to convert the design to Altium before, using the Altium Designer full version.

i tried to open these files in Altium full version, but was not able to do so.....i went via the import wizard, but couldnt do it.

I'm not exactly aware of the Protel and Altium versions compatibility matrix, it should be clearly documented by Altium. I see two explanations:
- the file is corrupted
- it's a very old version that must be converted by a previous Altium or even Protel version as an intermediate step. Similar issues exist e.g with Cadstar DOS versions from the early 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back