Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SVN database library on Altium Designer 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Fendra

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi !

I'm using Altium Designer 10 and I want to do a SVN database library in order to share libraries on a local network.
I have already seen this subjet : https://www.edaboard.com/threads/221864/ but it did'nt help me.

First, I use the "SVN Database Library Conversion Wizard". I add my libraries. But during the executing splitting process (more precisely during the phase "Committing SVN Folders"), I have an error : svn: E155007: 'C:\User\Emilie\AppData\Local\Temp\LibToSVN' is not a working copy. I did some research on the net about this error but I have not found anything usefull. After, it says to me that I have successfully completed the wizard but I have nothing in the repository directory, and I can't use the database library (place components,...).

Could somebody help me ?

Thanks.

(I apologize for my English mistakes but I'm a french student)

Last edited:

are you using the internal or an external SVN? Can you commit without Altium?

I can commit without Altium by using Tortoise.

"is not a working copy" normally means, that you didn't yet checkout the SVN repository to the directory, so that the SVN specific subdirectories are created. See Toirtoise SVN Daily Use Guide - 4.3. Checking Out A Working Copy.

Ok, thanks for your answer FvM. I will see that tomorrow morning.

I have tried to check out the repository to the directory before launching the SVN Database Library Conversion Wizard, but I have always the same error.
Any more ideas ?

I will now read the Tortoise SVN Daily Use Guide.

- - - Updated - - -

I have read the chapter "4.3 Checking out a working copy" and I have tried to do a working copy with Tortoise (without Altium), but I have always the same error with the SVN Database Library Conversion Wizard.
I really don't see how it can work...

I have also search on Google with the tag "svn: E155007" but I found nothing to help me.
Has anyone another idea ?

Thanks.

I was basically asking if LibToSVN seems to be a regular SVN working copy directory, if so it would be e.g. recognized by the Tortoise tools.

If it's not, this would explain the error. Otherwise, there are different possible reasons as well. I would expect the said svn: E155007 message emitted by apache subversion (svn.exe) itself, not the Tortoise SVN shell tools. The subversion binaries are working behind Tortoise and the Altium library conversion tool. There may be e.g version incompatibilities or other non-obvious issues. I guess, you need to ask Altium support.

I don't know why Altium create the folder "LibToSVN" because it is just created in my temp files and it does not exist in my folder tree. I have seen that in that folder, there are all my libraries (created by the splitting process) but at the end of the "SVN Database Library Conversion Wizard", all is deleted and I have nothing saved on my SVN tree.

So LibToSVN is not a regular SVN working copy unless it is generated automaticaly by Altium when I commit some files. How can I know that ?

The automatic generation point clarifies, that it's not your job to generate the working copy. So I revert to the last sentences in my previous post.

In addition, what's the Altium tool's procedure for the target repository? Does it require to generate a repository manually before running the tool? Where do you put in the actual repository file path respectively URL and access method (for non-file based accesses)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back