Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to remove spikes from the accelerometer output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsAbk

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for an accelerometer which gives accuracy upto 90uV in the output.I mean to say once the accelerometer is steady the output should vary at max in this range only.But I have tried several accelerometers MMA7260,MMA6290,Robokit RKI-108 module all have an unstable constanly varying output.The output waveform varies upto as highh as 80 mV.So is it advisable to utilize an accelerometer with inbuilt ADC to sense a tilt of as small as 0.05 degrees!!!
Any other solution to measure such a small tilt?

If you don´t desire to measure precise instantaneous acceleration, coud perform a low-pass filtering.
If you prefer perform by circuitry, can do by a simple 1rst order RC network.

+++

If you don´t desire to measure precise instantaneous acceleration, coud perform a low-pass filtering.
If you prefer perform by circuitry, can do by a simple 1rst order RC network.

+++

I do desire precise measurement of tilt.I'm developing a highly accurate platform stabilizing technique

I do desire precise measurement of tilt.I'm developing a highly accurate platform stabilizing technique
Filtering is the only way to get stable reading when the sensor data is fluctuating so much.
With lowpass fillter, you will not loose precision but there will be a delay introduced (depending on the filter order) in the reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back