Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Miller compensation via mosfet cap for Two stage Class AB high voltage Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

spinner12

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anyone has experience with Miller compensation via mosfet cap for Two stage Class AB high voltage Amplifier, the output voltage needs to be rail-to-rail(high voltage), I tried the methods of series connected pmos and parallel connected pmos, looks that the value of mos cap varies about 100% across the supply voltage, and there is a dip when the voltage of gate and drain is equal.

My concern is, even if the amplifier is stable under the smallest capacitance value, how will the distortion be? or some other specification deteriorated? Thanks in advance.

My concern is, even if the amplifier is stable under the smallest capacitance value, how will the distortion be? or some other specification deteriorated?
If Amplifier is stable ( with good phase margin) need not to use capacitance unnecessarily.
Generally small cap has more thermal noise compared to bigger capacitor. But this concern is immaterial for amplifier for current question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back