Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to wire a speed regulator switch to a swamp cooler's motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarun0xe

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends , i need to attach a regulator switch to my swamp cooler( evaporative cooler) but i don't know that which wire of cooler's motor(which i think is split phase induction type motor) has what function according to their colors(according to indian standards).....all i know is that there are 4 wires coming out of motor - red,black,blue and white.....2 of them might correspond to 2 different speeds of motor,while other 2 must be neutral and ground......

1.but which color wire has what operation??????

2.also in my regulator switch i have 4 terminals,one is for input,and others for 3 outputs....but what i think is that i need to connect only 2 wires of my motor to these 3output terminals(as motor must have other 2 wires for neutral and ground....)...so what function does this extra output terminal in my regulator switch has??...

3.does it corresponds to pump connection???? and if yes should i leave it unconnected as i have a separate switch already installed only for pump..???

please give your valuable suggestions friends......thanks in advance

I not familiar with Indian electrical standards, however it sounds like you have a two speed motor and a similar controller as shown in the following link.

Swamp Cooler Switches and Wiring

How many settings does the controller switch indicate?

And yes the controller normally controls the pump as well.

BigDog

I not familiar with Indian electrical standards, however it sounds like you have a two speed motor and a similar controller as shown in the following link.

Swamp Cooler Switches and Wiring

How many settings does the controller switch indicate?

And yes the controller normally controls the pump as well.

BigDog

thanks for the reply... i have fixed the problem by connecting supply to different wires of motor(including a fuse to prevent any mishappening )....the result is red and black-live wires,blue-neutral and white ground and yes it was a 2-speed motor....but the wires are not even following indian standards...huh....thanks for the support again bigdogguru.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back