Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] USB Host for Communication Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashking

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I want suggestion for a USB Host chip or mcu that can handle communication devices like bluetooth or wifi or devices like that

Arduino has a ready USB host shield but I don't think it is professional enough

So any help is appreciated

Hi,

Depending on your application and memory requirement, you need to choose any MCU.

I have worked with ARM9 and ARM11 MCUs over USB and SDIO interface over Linux. I think you can choose any of them as they work good over USB for Linux and you will be able to get good throughput some where around 18-20 Mbps using USB interface.

Thanks for the reply

But I need a lower throuhput and less complexity as I am not familiar with arm and RTOSs

a chip or module would do it as I am working with a certain microcontroller and can't change it by now

any other suggestions ?

You mentioned Arduino, the MAX3421E is available in a ready made shield:

USB Host Shield MAX3421E

Or is this what you were referring to in your previous post?

Cypress manufactures a line a USB Host/OTG Controllers:

Cypress USB Hosts

An interesting ATMEGA32 based USB Host Controller:

SIAM32 USB HC

There are also several Open Source FPGA Cores available which would allow you to implement a USB Host Controller on a FPGA.

You may want to checkout Universal Serial Bus Organization's Website and use the product search feature:

Although it is a bit of an awkward search interface, it may present additional possibilities.

BigDog

You mentioned Arduino, the MAX3421E is available in a ready made shield:

USB Host Shield MAX3421E

Or is this what you were referring to in your previous post?

Cypress manufactures a line a USB Host/OTG Controllers:

Cypress USB Hosts

An interesting ATMEGA32 based USB Host Controller:

SIAM32 USB HC

There are also several Open Source FPGA Cores available which would allow you to implement a USB Host Controller on a FPGA.

You may want to checkout Universal Serial Bus Organization's Website and use the product search feature:

Although it is a bit of an awkward search interface, it may present additional possibilities.

BigDog

Thank you very much

And Thanks to all the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.