Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello. how to integrate custom design with semi custom design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaishankar

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I want to integrate full custom design - register file layout (memory structures) with the semi-custom designed microprocessor.
I have the layout files for both register files and microprocessor seperately. But I want to put the register file layout in to the microprocessor layout. Can anyone tell me how I do this?
plz help me on the design flow - I know there should be a way by which I can integrate them properly.

suggestions or tips on doing this with necessary optimizations are welcome.. plz help!! :)

which tools are you using to do the layout. They should have manuals or user guide or website where you could ask questions like cadence forums etc

Hi,

To integrate the register file inside the microprocessor design you need the schematic (or the netlist for a Verilog based flow) of the processor and the symbol (or the top module or library for a Verilog based flow). What are the views you have available ?

Hi,

To integrate the register file inside the microprocessor design you need the schematic (or the netlist for a Verilog based flow) of the processor and the symbol (or the top module or library for a Verilog based flow). What are the views you have available ?

I'm using cadence rtl compiler and soc encounter for pnr.
I can import the layout of microprocessor to cadence virtuoso. I have the layout/extracted views of register file in virtuoso. what should i do to integrate them?

you should connect them using upper metal layers.

integration means you want to connect the two things together. How would you do it on paper using pencil or pen?
The only thing that comes to my mind is connecting using upper metal layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back