Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

one fpga designe question

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoshen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,

I want to design one Soc development board based the complex of virtex FPGA and architecture ARM processor ,which provides
a platform for implementation new designs.

There are two questions puzzled me .1) what's part do the FPGA device may act ? 2>and ,if the part is decided ,whether the fpga is limited and don't expands other logical functions ?

for using the fpga you should see wheather fpga with higher capacity is available with the same pin configuration.

Hello

Since you have already desided about the processor, you can use the FPGA for custom logic or as a custom coprocessor for the processor. Or it can be used to extend the ISA of the processor.

I don't quite clear about some softs functions in this SoC design flow.

Modsim-Xe-5.7 and ISE-6.1 can be suitable for forepart design ,for example coding and simulating .
protel can finish back-end desing, for example layout.

what do these tools that Design Compiler and PrimeTime (synopsys .ltd) conflict with Modsim and ISE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.