Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the available antenna design tools for PCB or 868-915 Mhz bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
picasso antenna model software

You may like to use supernec as it is cheap and easy....integration with matlab...

nec2 with matlab

goxy said:
I want to design antenna with antenna software (eg. hp hfss v5.3) but when run post process my computer go in idle mode for long time
You must enter right parameters for EM simulation, every increase numbers of cells increase time of simulation several times.
EM algoritms like FDTD (XFDTD,ZELAND,CST MWS,ANSOFT) are very robust and you must have very fast processor or processors.
If you are beginer try with algorithm based on Method of Moments. One programm based on this algorithm is NEC, it's faster several times then FDTD based programms.

yes you are completely right... nec is much sutable... if you need it its posted in this page!

matlab nec2

You can refer to the ebook on broadband compact antenna ...by Wong

nec2 matlab

I use Ensmble (2.5D) but for 3 D structures use CST, probably the best one.

Regards

Lupin

tool pcb design inductive antenna coupler

Ansoft has a tool for 2D and 2.5D simulation, not very expensive. ADS has a package called momentum, which can also be used to this kind application. For omnidirection antenna, if it is in 3D, I believe HFSS is an excellent tool. You can of course find some FEM programs to this kind of job. You just need time.

axial ratio semcad

There is another inexpensive software call winenc that you may like to try...

to design pifa antenna in sonnet

sugm said:
sonnet is also another choice

I think Sonnet is not good for antenna design.

antenna design kit +ansoft

beano040461 said:
can anybody tell me if there are any antenna design tools availbale for PCB or simple antennas for 868 915 Mhz bands. or does any body have a design for good omin directional antenna's for these bands

thanks
Try EM Picasso, It is supposed to be just for PCB Antenna design

Phil 8)

antenna em design tool

try empire, it will be fine...

download nec4 numerical electromagnetics code

Are you referring to only microstrip antenna???

I have missed out on the above topics...Many are not answering the questions....

nec2c samples

you find some usefull applications on transciever chip firms like chipcon ( www.chipcon.com )

4nec2 sar

Hi loucy

If you can define a right Box, you can get a perfect result with S*nnet.

dualband omnidirectional antenna

Hi Sugm,
just a question about Sonnet.
Is possible radiation pattern optimization in terms of polarization Purity or shaping of the beam?

Thanks in advance
Lupin

best omin directional antenna

I think all of 2.5D EM tools can't do it

winenc simulation

Some software are optimized for a specific type of Antenna:
-E/m/p/i/r/e is a very good FDTD and I've used it to Design 7.8GHz and 56GHz Dielectric Resonator Arrays. The problem is that with FDTD the boundary conditions for open space is a pain, so I suggest U to use this software only for very high frequencies....Consider that radiaction diagrams need a post elaboration...
-E/n/s/a/m/b/l/e is a MOM and works quite well with patches and planar antennas (Vi's and FinLines)....not so good with solids.
-HFSS is universal...but complex.
_the fourth choiche is to write a simple mat lab simulator...for low frequencies the Balanis' book offer several techniques useful to build a simple simulator even for complex structures....
Once chosen the structure and the Typology U try to ask again...

layout pcb antenna 433 mhz

empire is not good!
CST is more better than empire.
but I think HFSS is the best!

emap5 dielectrics

For my and my friends' experience, I can say that for what concerns 3D e.m. softwares CST is accurated for closed structures (better than HFSS), HFSS is better for radiating structures...better in terms of accuracy.
However if your e.m. design is not too complex you can easily use Ensemble, Sonnet, MWO.

Regards
Lupin

em wave simulator -patent -patents -ieee

Hi everybody,
I want simulating a monopole antenna ,which is printed over a dielectric substrate,above a finite size ground with the software superNEC. How can I do it well? Especially, how to place the dielectric substratel?thanks!

sonnet design tool

I think SuperNec does not support GF. So you can't model printed antenna over dielectric substrates. However, you can try to make use of the new wire coating feature available. Bad news is, as I understand from the documentation, to use this method, you need to model the antenna first using the green function, find out the influence of the dielectric on antenna impedance and apply the coating parameters to the monopole . :(( ??

Element7k

wq said:
Hi everybody,
I want simulating a monopole antenna ,which is printed over a dielectric ubstrate,above a finite size ground with the software superNEC. How can I do it well? Especially, how to place the dielectric substratel?thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back