Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Voltage power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammadyou

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
I want to design a high voltage power supply ( around 50KV DC or more :p ).
would you please give me an information about that ( any books or links that are useful )?
thanks in advance

what is your ac supply.........
such high dc

you need to implement smps design(boost design)......

linear power may not be effective ......

thanks for your reply
my input voltage is 220v AC
I am looking for some optimized design ( I can do it with multiplier [diode and capacitor] but I think it is not good )
I haven't had any experience in this area.

How much current you need at the output......

i think 50kv dc is very much high from 220Vac......

PowerEsim

check this link may be you find some thing related to your requirement

---------- Post added at 22:50 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

High Voltage Power supply – 50KV « PocketMagic

Using diode/capacitor multipliers are basically the only way to do it. The alternative is to use very high voltage inductors/transformers, which are orders of magnitude more difficult to build, and may not offer much advantage.

thank you guys for your help
Output current doesn't matter for me ( even in uA is enough but actually I wanted to find the best way of implementation )

Dear Friends
Hi
When you want to design high voltage sources , you should pay attention to these important things :
1- safety ! this value of voltage can be lethal , and it can be very very dangerous , really .
And the way of design: we will build a switching power supply e.g at push pull arrangement ( step up ) to obtain to the voltages up to 5KV . then we can increase ( multiply ) the voltage with a cockroft walton multiplier , to our desired voltage as well as and as simple as possible!
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.