Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I'm in real trouble ... need experts advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abeer_h

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish that I chose the right section to post my thread. I'm in a real trouble. I'm living in a country where you can't find any electronics design related industry! After my graduation I worked as IT support technician.. Honestly I didn't like it, I was feeling bored most of the time but I needed money so I stuck there.. after a year my contract ended and I started my struggle again to find a job !!! I landed, again, on IT department as IT support technician but this time with a huge firm! I liked the company and my job but I still don't want to work as IT engineer for the rest of my life..
I'm growing old and that will harden career change. I even thought about resigning ,after one year, and traveling abroad to get masters degree in embedded system engineering..
How can I keep improving my electronics design skills while I'm working as IT tech? or to be more accurate how can I acquire skills and turn from a hobbyist to a real engineer!:shock:
I'm 1000% committed to study at home making projects and do whatever it will take to get a job one day as embedded system engineer. I appreciate any help or advice.. Thanks a lot

Abeer :twisted:

(please choose a more descriptive title next time!! people are inclined to ignore "need help!" kind of threads)

I wish that I chose the right section to post my thread.
Oh that too... :razz: probably should have been in career/jobs-related section.

I'm living in a country where you can't find any electronics design related industry!
Which country are we talking about? (maybe add this info to your profile)

I can understand your problem, especially since I'm in a similar situation. Basically there's many ways that lead to Rome, but you can always learn new / improve your skills regardless of employment situation.

One important thing is to 'sharpen' your skills - keep working on projects, if not for money then for learning, practice, community participation and/or fun (or help create things that are useful to others!). Another thing is to persevere - if you really want something, keep at it until you get what you want. Deciding what exactly that is, may be part of it - sometimes it's obvious where to go once you understand the core of the problem. And if there's nothing to find where you live, moving to a place where there is, might be an option (but it might still be possible to live in country A & work for company in country B). Or start your own business...??? 'Embedded systems' is a wide field!

Choices, choices, choices... :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back