Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get flat gain of HBT distributed amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyxiao653

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys,

I modeled a distributed amplifier in ADS with an out-of-date HBT VBIC model. I am just a beginner, so I built the cascoded distributed amplifier by following simple procedures. THe result showed that S22 is very good, less than -20dB from DC to 20GHz and S11 less than -10dB. But the gain is not very flat at all. In fact, the gain drops 6dB from DC to 20Ghz. I want to know how to find what is the reason for that non-flat gain. Besides, in distributed amplifier design, except miller except what else will cause non-flatness?
Xiaolin

From DC to 20G with only 6dB drop, that is good.

really? I thought the fluctuation should be +/-1dB and S12 starts to roll off after 20GHz.Btw, I designed the gate line at 20GHz.

I forgot the theory, the amplifier should rolloff per octave.
But I know someone use parellel RC to compensate the rolloff, you can search the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back