Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extracting broadband model parameters for the spiral in ASITIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to extract the parasitic parameters of spiral in ASITIC. The broadband model is shown in foll. figure.

Has anyone done it.

please reply.

46_1312395640.gif

Hello,

Try using Electromagnetic simulator to extract the RLC model of Spiral deign it easy...
Just even you can try with Sonnet Lite a free MOM based electromagnetic simulator...

---manju---

hi,

thanks for replying.

i m trying to extract the parameters of balun in HFSS (3D EM solver)

have u tried on HFSS ?????????

if yes plz reply

hi Manjunatha_hv,

thanks for replying.......

actually i have to do simulation only on hfss..............

we dont have sonnet here.........

is there any student version available for SONNET

if yes plz provide me the link.......

let it be any software but how to find the mutual inductance between 2 coils?????????

can balun be simulated on SONNET????????

hi manjunatha_hv,

is it possible to import layout directly from sonnet to cadence virtuoso........?????????

is it possible to import layout directly from sonnet to cadence virtuoso........?????????

Yes: https://www.sonnetsoftware.com/support/files/appnote/SAN-201BCadence.pdf

This Cadence integration is not available in the free Sonnet Lite version, and the number of layers is too limited in the Lite version. You need Sonnet Professional for RFIC work.

edit: Ooops, you mean from Sonnet to Cadence? This is unusal, because that workflow does not make much sense (layout is not DRC clean, vias are not ready for manufacturing etc.) But anyway: Taking layouts from EM simulator to Cadence can be done with the GDSII file format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back