Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMS based notice board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakuplil

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is my project title. So far I have built display matrix using LEDs that can display 8 characters in scrolling format. I am using NOKIA 3315 as a GSM Modem that is to be connected to 89v51rd2 microcontroller.
Can I directly solder Nokia's 4 pins so as to connect to ucontroller?
Can I only use F bus protocol to program micro in order to receive message from Nokia 3315? Plz reply and giv some additional suggestion for the success of my project. Waiting...

But will there be any problem if I use Nokia 3315? F Bus protocol looks simpler than at command, but don't know to use it in source code. Can u provide any sample of source code related to the project? Plzz...

code for AT commands would be easier than connecting Fbus.. i did using gsm modem.. do you need it or you are specifically looking for F bus...

you could wait for other experts comment on F bus as i did not implement it....

Can u provide in detail what u have included in building this? Can u share your codes also? Thanks

Ok, I m ready to use GSM Modem. But plz tel me of which specs? Wil any GSM Modem can be connected to 89v51rd2 microcontroller and support AT Comand?
What is called hyper terminal?

yes any modem can be interfaced to microcontroller. in the second post i have given you links of vendor who sell gsm modems in bangalore... you can visit the site...

hyperterminal is a software simulator provided by IBM pc and in all OS which allow us to test serial communication device by connecting it to serial port of PC..
You will get lot of information posted in old threads on how to test gsm modem on terminal.

i will send you the code by late evening, pm me your email ID . or i will try to put it in the forum only...

Which Hyperterminal version should i download as of now?

except windows 7 all other windows have induilt package of hyperterminal.. you can find it in start-> programs->accessories-> communication-> hyperterminal

I av Samsung S350 right now. Can i connect to the hyperterminal?

The USB data cable has a pen drive kind tip. So do i av to get the cable dat connect mobile to COM1 port from Samsung dealer? I need to ask such elementary question to you bcoz there is no expert around. So plz help...

its your luck to use it.. its 50 - 50 chances. it could work or may not work . it depends on many factors like OS used. Connecting cable configuration etc....

i have seen for some it works and some dont... i still ask you to get gsm modem without delay and start the project and dont be in 2 minds...

That is very correct, you can get lot of help for the generic modem than using Nokia modem.

its your luck to use it.. its 50 - 50 chances. it could work or may not work . it depends on many factors like OS used. Connecting cable configuration etc....

i have seen for some it works and some dont... i still ask you to get gsm modem without delay and start the project and dont be in 2 minds...
Ya I will get new modem. Can you post your project detail?

I have placed an order for Siemen GSM Modem along with the development board. On mon i'll be getting. So now sir "ckshivram"! can you post your project details, i had asked yesterday.

did you check siemens modem support serial interface?
will post the code for you... and please in future send pm to the concerned person for specific help rather than putting it as a post which will be read by everyone..........

check the code and use keil for this... the code may be more than 4k so you may need full version to see the compilation..

you can trim the code to meet your requirement

Attachments

• C Source.rar
    10 KB · Views: 156
  • Header.rar
    3 KB · Views: 140

He is providing RS232 cable also. That means it will be supporting serial communication, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back