Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Speech Door Access System by controling PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

saathis

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends it me saathis, regards my final year project im doing speech door access system as my final year project. It could make big problem when i try 2 connect with hardware which involve electrical term. It not work. So now im here to ask some one help how to control the system by telling password through microphone then need handle by PC without involving hardware (electrical part). Any suggestion for this.... Plz help>>>>> :?

hi

so you need only the PC part of the solution, use SAPI for voice recognition.

under linux see this page

there are several free and opensource SDK/Tools available. you should try them and tune them for your application.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Theta & Bluehole....... ya theta PC part only, i do want hardware part which connect to magnetic lock... I want PC will control the system which will order the door to be open for the verified password>>>>>This is my aim of project..... You have any idea????

for hardware, via the PCs serial port, you can use a relay to open the door lock. for this, of course you must set serial port on the software.

Hi santoshaxl please i really need your help now. So i think better we chat. For faster conversation please add me as your friend in facebook **broken link removed** or contact me via e-mail: saathisnair@yahoo.com...... I'm waiting for your next step. Thank you

---------- Post added 16-02-11 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 15-02-11 at 23:54 ----------

Hi Hansmuller as you say how to set serial port on the software? The actual plan is user need register with record their password in database. Then it should verified to be open the door after the password spoken through microphone. If is it possible let me show any reference of your idea? Thank you very much..............

i do want hardware part which connect to magnetic lock... I want PC will control the system which will order the door to be open for the verified password>>>>>This is my aim of project..... You have any idea????

Well I will suggest for Parallel(LPT) port. what you can do is you should make a Solenoid driver. and also you can get feedback from the door through the LPT port.

Again it is easy to program LPT.

If you are considering some other boards like Ibase boards or beagle/hawk board then I prefer serial port and some interfacing hardware.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

but what ever you do please update here cos your Idea sound good.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
yes you can use parallel port but nowadays parallel port very difficult to see i don't know usb port programming so i can help you using parallel port . you have to download Microsoft sdk5.1 for this purpose read this Using Speech Recognition and Text to Speech - developer Fusion

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Microsoft Speech SDK

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

you can download from here **broken link removed**

V

hi

use C# if you are going to work on windows. you could use ftdi USB RS232 for communicating with outside world. i can help with C#, but only in the evenings.

but since you are only interested in the PC part things should be very easy.

V

if you are using parallel port then this circuit will help you just connect magnetic door coil instead of Bulbs

nice circuit santoshaxl really very good. in place of bulbs one can put solenoid to lock the door. Well one question can this circuit send back status of any solenoid/bulb to PC ???

I mean can we check status ???

hi

nice circuit santoshaxl really very good. in place of bulbs one can put solenoid to lock the door. Well one question can this circuit send back status of any solenoid/bulb to PC ???

bluehole i beleve the circuit can be used to send back status of any solenoid/bulb with a few modifications. but that is irrelevant as santoshaxl said
yes you can use parallel port but nowadays parallel port very difficult to see.

there is no point in considering lpt port for communication with microcontrollers.

I mean can we check status ???

yes you are right with this circuit no but we have to change hard ware and software too
my knowledge is little so i feel difficult to do with parallel port but with serial port+micro i can do easily
using serial communication with microcontroller is good idea and better but thread starter doen't know microcontroller programming i personally talked with him

Last edited:

yes you are right with this circuit no but we have to change hard ware and software too
my knowledge is little so i feel difficult to do with parallel port but with serial port+micro i can do easily
using serial communication with microcontroller is good idea and better but thread starter doen't know microcontroller programming i personally talked with him

Well... But bidirectional communication is possible using LPT Some one else might know. Well lets see if some one sends a schematic with bi-directional parallel port stuff.

yes i have see such projects using lpt as bidirectional communication for temperature monitoring purpose

As santoshaxl guide i have done coding but still gt error.... coz the code given is VB6 but im doing in VB 2008 Express. Do u have any references about set parallel port to send the signal. Another problem is i oni have VGA port oni.. now i want buy USB parallel converter.... Is tat need any coding to control USB port? :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back