Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Notification of replies to very old threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Today I received many e-mail notifications of replies to very old threads here. But the threads do not have the replies shown on the e-mails.
Does anybody else have this problem today?

Just to verify, can you post few links of the threads which are notified. Sometimes this may happen due to spam messages were deleted

i myself found that there were 4 or 5 threads of 05 year that were opened by a new joinee . i had asked him repeatedly no to do and also sent pm to him..

the thread was related to audio.. i will find the thread and post you the links..

but now a days i am finding many threads that are being opened mostly be new joinees....

I deleted a lot of posts by RobertGarcia in the last 24 hours which I think is the person you are referring to. He has received an infraction/warning from me about it.

If he does it again, let me know.

Keith.

Here are copies of two notifications. They are from the same guy who probably replies to an old thread then deletes his reply.:roll:

Attachments

• SPAM on EDA board.PNG
    SPAM on EDA board.PNG
    40.2 KB · Views: 207

Here are copies of two notifications. They are from the same guy who probably replies to an old thread then deletes his reply.:roll:

Audioguru,

No, it is me who deleted the replies to let the threads go back into the past where they belong, otherwise loads of people will start to reply to the threads not realising they are long gone. It is better for people to answer threads where there is still someone interested in the answer!

Keith.

I think it would be useful if there was an "auto close thread" setting after a specific period (for example 1 year or 6 months),
I don't know if a setting/functionality like this exist in vBulletin.

Alex

This happened because RobertGarcia posted many replies to threads that you are watching. Really sorry for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.