Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Placing holes in Altium component footprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsey87

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Quick question,

I have holes in a footprint for a USB connector, I've added these to my footprint using a 'PAD' in the drill drawing layer.

Everything seems okay, however I can't see this hole coming up in either the 3D view of my PCB or in the fabrication > drill drawing print preview thingy.

Is this normal or am I forgetting something?

Cheers, Mike.

Non plated, i.e. there are no connected nets to the holes...

instead of drill drawing layer try to use Multi layer

Cheers, Srinijg

I added the holes to the multilayer layer and the sure enough the holes appeared on the mechanical drill drawing output. The manufacture didn't like this though and complained that the pad size must be 16mils greater than the drill size (I had made drill size = pad size, as they were just holes).

So I'm wondering if there is a proper way to do this in Altium, will post again when I hear back from the manufacturer.

Cheers, Mike.

wat u have done is absolutely right,for Non plated holes pad size= drill size

i don why the manufacturer is having prob with this

Nah, the holes were fine.

The problem with my design was that I increased the via hole size at the last minute without checking the surrounding pads.
Thanks for all your help Srinijg,

Cheers, Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back