Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] gds export warnings in Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

sicheng163

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all
when I export gds2 file with command auStreamOut, I got lots of warnings here:
Warning: Cell 'RSDEC_ReadyForOut' can not find child cell 'DLY1X1TS' (MWSTRM-062)
Warning: Cell 'RSDEC_ReadyForOut' can not find child cell 'DFFSRXLTS' (MWSTRM-062)
Warning: Cell 'RSDEC_ReadyForOut' can not find child cell 'NOR3BX2TS' (MWSTRM-062)
Too many child cell not found . Quit processing cell 'RSDEC_ReadyForOut'.

and no CEL view in my std cell ref lib, only got FRAM view, is this the main reason? so I can never export a full gds file?
so what should I give the foundry to tape-out?
thanks!!

Hi,

Normally PR is done using FRAM views which are reduced views from gds/layout views, in order to speed up optimizations. After routing, during exporting design gds/layout views are used to generate the top level gds. Different tool vendors have different streamout options. As far as I know Astro/ICC uses "CEL" views (Synopsys format for layout) during streamout. On the other hand Magma Blastfusion uses gds files directly during streamout.

Therefore if you don't have CEL views you cannot export the full views of these cells. As the reference libraries do not contain CEL views as you said, those cells will not exist in the final gds file. Therefore you need to obtain "CEL" views from the library owner.

Or, as a quick workaround, if you're interested in checking "drc" on a specific region that do not contain these cells, you can go on with this missing-gds file, and do necessary corrections, while waiting for the new library that has CEL views.

On the other hand for full signoff lvs checks you need to have these views.

I hope it's clear.
Best regards,
Gokhan
---

Hi,

Normally PR is done using FRAM views which are reduced views from gds/layout views, in order to speed up optimizations. After routing, during exporting design gds/layout views are used to generate the top level gds. Different tool vendors
---
Thanks a lot, It's clear that the foundry won't give me any CEL view,
so, what kind of files should I send to the foundry to fabricate?

and I have another question:
I've made a design lib, can I directly use it as Ref Lib?
I wrote another netlist containing that macro, but I got nothing showed on my new created CELL, and when I open the macro cell from Ref Lib, still see nothing
I'm confused...
thanks for help!!

Hi sicheng163,

1 - "gdsII" is ultimate file that is sent to fab to be used in mask preparation.

2 - Did you generate the lib using PR flow? Or, did you design it using any other layout tool? What is the format?

In any case you should be able use them as reference libs aafter some conversion operation. However if the layout is in gds or any other format other than Synopsys format, you need to convert them usign appropriate functions of Astro/Milkway (e.g. "auStreamIn" command is used for gds import).

Best regards,
Gokhan
---

Hi sicheng163,

1 - "gdsII" is ultimate file that is sent to fab to be used in mask preparation.

2 - Did you generate the lib using PR flow? Or, did you design it using any other layout tool? What is the format?

In any case you should be able use them as reference libs aafter some conversion operation. However if the layout is in gds or any other format other than Synopsys format, you need to convert them usign appropriate functions of Astro/Milkway (e.g. "auStreamIn" command is used for gds import).

Best regards,
Gokhan
---

of course I generate the lib using PR flow, but with FRAM view ref lib, my question is can I use that new generated lib as ref lib directly?

Hi sicheng163,

In principle you should be able to use it as reference lib. However the main problem here will be again during gds export phase. If you don't have any layout/gds/CEL views of the lib but only FRAM view, you cannot expect tool to export a complete top level gds for you. The tool will complain about the missing cell views. And if you achieve to export a gds with these missing views, the reference cells will be seen as blackboxes.

Please let me know if I miss something in your question.

Best regards,
Gokhan
---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back