Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS error - Port refinement: Port 1 has signal conductors with 2 terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahimhani40

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having an HFSS problem and am fairly new at this. I have a pc board with a differential trace. It is a 4 layer board with grounds on the sides and also on the other 3 layers. When I put a radiation boundary around this, the boundary lines straight up with the differential trace and the grounds. It looks like you would take a cross section of the pcb. I assigned a waveport to the face of the boundary where the traces and grounds are. When I check it, it seems to be fine. During the processing though, I am getting an error that says: Port refinement, process hf3d: Port '1' has signal conductors with 2 terminals. More signal conductors than terminals can adversely affect the terminal transformations. Please verify conducting boundaries and objects are correctly assigned and touch the port".

I believe the 7 signal conductors are from the ground planes underneath and on the side, any comments on how to make it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back