Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Special route problem in Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatrebel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

When I tried special routing, I got a few warnings shown below.

**WARN: (SOCSR-1253): Net VDD does not have standard cells to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1254): Net VDD does not have block pins to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1255): Net VDD does not have pad pins to create pad ring. Please check net list or port class. (must NOT be CORE class and must not be AREAIO subclass).
**WARN: (SOCSR-1256): Net VDD does not have CORE class pad pins to be routed.
Please check net list or port class.
Net VDD does not have AREAIO class pad pins to be routed.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1253): Net VSS does not have standard cells to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1254): Net VSS does not have block pins to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1255): Net VSS does not have pad pins to create pad ring. Please check net list or port class. (must NOT be CORE class and must not be AREAIO subclass).
**WARN: (SOCSR-1256): Net VSS does not have CORE class pad pins to be routed.
Net VSS does not have AREAIO class pad pins to be routed.
**WARN: (SOCSR-468): No core cells defined in COMPONENTS section
and/or No core cells defined in SPECIALNETS VDD
and/or No core cells defined in SPECIALNETS VDD
CPU time for FollowPin 0 seconds
and/or No core cells defined in SPECIALNETS VSS
and/or No core cells defined in SPECIALNETS VSS

I do not know what's wrong with my netlist, but I found there were no VDD and VSS pin for every standard cell in netlist. Do these warnings mean that I need to add VDD and VSS pin for each standard cell?

Thanks in advanced

have u mapped logical net VDD to stdcell's VDD pin? also macro/IOs ?

Thank you for your reply.

Could please tell me how I can map logical net VDD to stdcell's VDD pin?

Checkout the document iam uploading
go through connecting global nets in soc encounter
Also check out modification of netlist/instantiation

regards
srinivasan

You can also define the power connections from the command line with the globalNetConnect command

globalNetConnect VDD -type pgpin
globalNetConnect VSS -type pgpin

(there may need to be addtional switches, don't remember off the top of my head)

thanks a lot for your help.

When type globalNetConnection VDD -pin {VDD} -inst * -type pgpin, I got an error like below.

A global net connection rule for connecting P/G pins of the pattern '{VDD}' was specified. But the connections cannot be made because there is no such pin in any cell. Check the pin name pattern and make sure it is correct.

to srinivasank:

thank you very much for the doc you uploaded, but I could not find more details about how to modify the netlist. I saw other training handout as well. It seems like the part of netlist modification has been hiden.

Check your LEF file before you apply globalNetConnect. There could be different names in LEF.

I have checked the standard cell lef already. All power/ground pins are named as VDD/VSS

try the following command.

"globalNetConnect VDD -pin VDD -inst * -type pgpin -all -override"

Hi kumar_eee,

thank you very much for your help. By using the command you gave, the warnings
**WARN: (SOCSR-1253): Net VDD does not have standard cells to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1256): Net VDD does not have CORE class pad pins to be routed.

But the warnings below are still there

**WARN: (SOCSR-1254): Net VDD does not have block pins to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1255): Net VDD does not have pad pins to create pad ring. Please check net list or port class. (must NOT be CORE class and mus
t not be AREAIO subclass).
**WARN: (SOCSR-1254): Net VSS does not have block pins to be routed. Please check net list.
**WARN: (SOCSR-1255): Net VSS does not have pad pins to create pad ring. Please check net list or port class. (must NOT be CORE class and mus
t not be AREAIO subclass)

I am wondering whether I need to create a power domain for the connection

Thanks

I created a power domain in CPF file like below, but the warnings are still there

#default domain
create_power_domain \
-name CORE_POWER\
-instances *

Is it Multi-Power Domain Design?. If its not, we dont need to generate power domain at all.

Let me get some more details on this issue & will update you.

my design is not multi-voltage. But I am wondering do I need to create different power domains for I/O voltage and cell voltage, thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back