Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to draw guard ring in IBM cms9flp on cadence layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

falloutred

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone

to perform LVS of an inductor in IBM cms9flp on cadence, i need to draw a guard ring around the inductor. when i try to draw a guard ring around the inductor using Layout Editor-->Create-->Guard Ring this error message which was generated

*WARNING* (LE-103399): leHiCreateGuardRing: The create guard ring command requires MPP guard ring templates to exist in the technology file.
Add MPP guard ring templates in the technology file before
invoking the command.

can anyone suggest how i can overcome this problem? How can i add these MPP guard ring templates?

any help would be much appreciated.

in virtuosoxl, IBM_PDK>Misc>Create Guardring

from the error it looks like you dont have a template for the multi part part you want to draw.You will have to define the parameters in the gaurdring or MPP form that pops up in your window .once you define the parameters,you will have to save it as a template *.il file which can be used to create MPP in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back