Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find snr of a signal, which real value is unknown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saandeep

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
snr

hi,
how to find snr of a signal which is corrupted by noise.only corrupted signal is available.noise and original signals are not available individually

snr

I think you can only estimate it, transmitting many different signals.
But you can not get the accurate SNR.

snr

Y(t)=X(t)+R.V~(mean=0,known variance)

You can use the info that noise is a RV that has a zero mean and is Wide Sense Stationary.
So, I think, when you can transmit the same signal X many times and monitor the o/p Y's.
The average of Y's is a good estimation of X, assuming you transmitted X infinity times.

Re: snr

hi,
let Y=X+N
i know only Y. if i average Y large no.of times i will get average of X.if average of X is 0 then what is SNR?? -infinity ??

snr

You should transmit the "Same" X many times.
You receive different Y's.
The Y's average is the X you are transmitting in case you transmitting so many times.

Added after 1 minutes:

As you see, you don't have to know X, but this X should be transmitted many times.

Re: snr

my question is very simple........what is its SNR??

snr

My answer is simple too :)
If you can transmit signal x many times (Same signal!),
so SNR=(energy of average signal of Y's)/(noise power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back